About the Explicit Consent Prompt Manager
The Explicit Consent Prompt Manager makes it easy to deploy a prompt to your website to allow users to opt-in or opt-out of tracking.
This tool offers full access to customize the code behind the prompt as well as the option to use translated content for global customers. This feature replaces the functionality previously offered by the Privacy Manager extension and is part of our consent management features designed to help you stay compliant with Opt-in model regulations like GDPR.
How it works
The Explicit Consent Prompt Manager works together with the Consent Preferences Manager to present tracking options to your customers. A consent prompt notifies your customers about your desire to track their activity on your digital property and to acquire their consent. Explicit consent is a proactive approach in encouraging your customers to opt-in or opt-out by forcing a pop-up prompt until a selection is made.
- If a customer opts-out, the website suppresses all tracking activity and cookie storage that is not directly relevant to the digital experience.
- If the customer opts-in, the website can track the user behavior (commonly using third-party services).
Explicit Consent Prompt example:
The Explicit Consent Prompt Manager in iQ Tag Management makes it easy to create and deploy a consent prompt to your website using your existing installation. This feature can be used with the Consent Preferences Manager to offer your customers more granular control over how they are tracked.
The Explicit Consent Prompt satisfies a requirement of the General Data Protection Regulation that a data subject (EU residents) must give explicit consent before activity can be tracked.
utag.js ), the consent prompt operates automatically – no additional coding is needed for the consent prompt to function. The prompt behavior is based on the configured load rule and the presence of a consent cookie. The prompt is triggered automatically on pages matching the load rule if that cookie is not detected. After a response to the prompt is submitted (for example, the visitor selects Opt-in or Opt-out), the consent cookie is created and subsequent page views do not trigger the consent prompt.
The Explicit Consent Prompt in Tealium iQ offers the following features:
- Display Templates
- Customizable Style and Layout
- Multi-Language Support
- Configurable Display Condition
- Global Settings for Enterprise Rollout
- Consent Logging (requires DataAccess or EventStream)
After you configure and activate the consent prompt, the changes are released in your next publish.
The Explicit Consent Prompt is set up using the following screens:
- Enforcement Rule Use your data layer to create a load rule that determines when to display the consent prompt.
- Options Adjust additional options, such as logging consent changes using DataAccess or marking non-tracking tags that are not governed by consent management, such as chat widget.
If you skip this step, incoming events might be ignored.
The Explicit Consent Prompt can be configured for multiple profiles simultaneously when using the global parameters setting. This allows you to configure your consent prompt at the account level and have each profile inherit that configuration.
To learn more, see Managing Global Consent Content.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: March 9, 2023