This guide explains how to add data layer variables.
Use the following steps to add a single variable:
- Navigate to the Data Layer tab and click Add Variable.
The Add Variable dialog box displays.
- Enter the following fields:
- Source – (required) the name of the variable exactly as it appears in your site’s source code
- Type– (required) the type of variable, as specified above
- Alias – an additional name for the Variable, usually if the Source name is not intuitive
- Notes – useful comments about the Variable, especially useful for the next person that uses your account
If intended for use in AudienceDB, column names for variables may contain any ASCII characters other than double quotes. If intended for use in EventDB, column names for variables must consist of only UTF-8 printable characters. ASCII characters in standard and delimited identifiers are case-insensitive and are folded to lower case. For additional details, see Amazon Web Services - Names and identifiers.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: January 7, 2023