This article describes how to set up the Google AdWords Customer Match (Customer-Provided Credentials and Tealium-Provided Credentials) connectors.
This connector is now deprecated and no longer available in the tag marketplace.
The underlying Google AdWords API is planning to be retired on April 27, 2022. Learn more from the Google Ads Developer Blog.
You need to replace your existing Google AdWords connectors with the updated Google Ads Customer Match connector.
There are two types of Google AdWords Customer Match Connectors. Ensure that you select the appropriate one when adding the connector.
Google Adwords Customer Match (Customer-Provided Credentials)
- Requires Google approval.
Google Adwords Customer Match (Tealium-Provided Credentials)
- Tealium has been pre-approved to handle volume, bypassing your need to go through the application process.
|Add User to Remarketing List||✓||✓|
|Remove User from Remarketing List||✓||✓|
This connector uses the following vendor API:
- API Name: Google Audience Partner API DmpUserListService
- API Version: v201809
- API Endpoint:
- Documentation: AdWords API
This connector uses batched requests to support high-volume data transfers to the vendor. Requests are queued until one of the following thresholds is met:
- Max number of requests: 100000
- Max time since oldest request: 60 minutes
- Max size of requests: 100 MB
Go to the Connector Marketplace and add a new connector. Read the Connector Overview article for general instructions on how to add a connector.
When you add this connector you are prompted to accept the vendor’s data platform policy.
After adding the connector, configure the following settings:
AdWords Customer ID
- Provide the Adwords account Customer ID to manage.
- Provide the API developer token that has been approved by Google to make production volume API requests.
- Obtaining and approving a developer token is a multi-step process that you will need to own and manage.
- To get started, click here.
Action settings - parameters and options
Click Next or go to the Actions tab. This is where you configure connector actions.
This section describes how to set up parameters and options for each action.
Action - Add User to Remarketing List
|Contact Info Hash||
Action - Remove User from Remarketing List
|Contact Info Hash||
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: May 5, 2022