The Google Campaign Manager 360 Floodlight connector allows inserting offline conversions into Floodlight Conversion Tracking and Attribution system through the DoubleClick Campaign Manager API.
This article describes how to configure DCM Floodlight in your Customer Data Hub account.
Floodlight is the conversion tracking system for the DoubleClick Digital Marketing (DDM) platform. All properties within the DDM platform—Campaign Manager (DCM), Bid Manager, and DoubleClick Search (DS)—can use Floodlight.
DS vs DCM
Use DoubleClick Search (DS) if you do not run paid search reports in Report Builder or do not need to see search-driven offline conversions in your DDM platform—Campaign Manager (DCM) reports.
Use DCM if you run Paid Search reports in Report Builder and can identify conversions by encrypted user ID, mobile device ID, or Google click ID.
It’s important that you use either DS or DCM, but not both: conversions you upload from both products are not de-duplicated and may cause data discrepancies.
Do not confuse Floodlight Conversion Tracking System with Floodlight tag, which is a tracking tag for DoubleClick platforms.
- You must have a DCM account.
- Your DCM account must be enabled for API access.
- You must have a user profile with access to this account.
- Grant access to conversion data within your DCM account by enabling the
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/ddmconversionsscope for your DCM account.
- Add user firstname.lastname@example.org to your account and grant it access to your DCM account with the Insert offline conversions permission.
- Once user email@example.com is added to your DCM account, use the generated profile ID in the connector, either on the configuration page or on an action page. If defined in both locations, the profile ID defined on an action page takes precedence.
This connector uses the following vendor API:
- API Name: Google Campaign Manager 360 API
- API Version: v3.5
- API Endpoint:
- Documentation: Campaign Manager 360 API
This connector uses batched requests to support high-volume data transfers to the vendor. Requests are queued until one of the following 3 thresholds is met:
- Max number of requests: 1000
- Max time since oldest request: 60 minutes
- Max size of requests: 1 MB
Actions are delayed for 30 minutes to accommodate uploading offline conversions, as per Google’s best practices. For more information about delayed actions using the Google Campaign Manager 360 Floodlight connector, see Google’s Best practices for uploading offline conversions documentation.
Actions are not delayed when using trace in EventSream or AudienceStream.
|Track Floodlight Conversion||✓||✓|
Go to the Connector Marketplace and add a new connector. Read the Connector Overview article for general instructions on how to add a connector.
When you add this connector you are prompted to accept the vendor’s data platform policy.
Action Settings - Parameters and Options
Click Next or go to the Actions tab. This is where you configure connector actions.
This section describes how to set up parameters and options for each action.
Action - Track Floodlight Conversion
|Floodlight Configuration ID||
|Floodlight Activity ID||
|Encrypted User ID||
|Google Click ID||
|Mobile Device ID||
|Encryption Entity Type||
|Encryption Entity ID||
|Timestamp in micros||
|Treatment For Underage||
|Limit Ad Tracking||
|Child Directed Treatment||
|Custom Variable Values||
|Custom Variable Types||
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: February 24, 2022