Data Connect roles
This article provides an overview of Data Connect roles and how to set them for each Tealium profile.
Control how users access Data Connect recipes for each Tealium profile by assigning a role to that profile. Each profile can see only those recipes created in that profile.
For more information about editing user permissions, see About server-side permissions.
Data Connect provides three levels of recipe permissions for Tealium profiles:
- Recipe Creator - Can create, edit, delete, and run Data Connect recipes.
- Recipe Editor - Can edit and run Data Connect recipes.
- Data Connect User - Can run Data connect recipes.
All Data Connect roles can access data from Workato recipes. The default role is Data Connect User.
Before you can assign Data Connect roles, you need to enable personally identifiable information (PII) permissions for each Data Connect user.
- In the server-side user menu, click Manage Users.
- Toggle PII Permissions Enforcement to ON.
Set a Data Connect role
To set a Data Connect role, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the server-side area for appropriate Tealium account and profile.
- In the user menu, select Manage Users.
A list of all server-side users appears, including the user’s name, email address, and a timestamp for their last login.
- Click a user to display the permission details.
- Click Next.
- In the Account Permissions screen, scroll to the Data Connect Roles section.
- Select the permission level you want to grant to this profile.
- Click Save.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: April 19, 2023