Tealium DataAccess is an enterprise solution that extends the power of Tealium Customer Data Hub with long-term storage for data collected from web and mobile touchpoints, online and offline channels, and real-time audiences.
How it works
The data that flows into the Tealium Customer Data Hub is used in real-time for your vendor integrations or to trigger actions across marketing technologies and DataAccess is used to provide long-term storage for the resulting visitor profile, event, and omnichannel data.
DataAccess works with EventStream feeds to store event data and with AudienceStream audiences to store visitor profile data.
Built on the enterprise-class solutions Amazon Redshift and Amazon S3 , DataAccess offers two formats for storage: structured data and semi-structured data.
- Semi-structured data, due to its lack of organization, makes structure harder to accomplish and requires an Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) into systems such as Hadoop before the data can be used.
Structured data is easier to upload, extract, load, store, query, and analyze because of its high degree of organization and fixed fields. Structure data can be accessed using various business intelligence tools.
This format is used for the following products:
Semi-structured data, due to its lack of organization, makes structure harder to accomplish and requires an Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) into systems such as Hadoop before the data can be used.
Semi-structured data is a raw format that can be downloaded as JSON files directly from the interface.
This format is use for the following products:
|Offerings Name||Store Data||Extract Data||Query Data||Analyze Data||Visualize Data|
|Offerings Name||Description||Structure Type||Technology Used|
||Structured||Amazon Redshift Spectrum|
||Customer Choice||Customer Host|
||Customer Choice||Customer Host|
Who needs DataAccess?
DataAccess is a powerful option for anyone interested in:
- Capturing a single view of the customer
- Enterprise Data Management
- Spending less time on Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) or normalization of data
- Spending more time on data visualization and analysis
- Collaborating across the organization with a common data set
Why would I use DataAccess?
The Tealium Customer Data Hub can become a valuable resource to your data supply chain as it contains rich data from the past and the present that can be used to create tailored customer experiences across your organization. Tealium DataAccess is often the easiest and most direct way to get that data back into your systems and, since the data is hosted on a flexible and powerful platform, it is primed for use with the analysis tool of your choice.
How long does it take for data to appear in DataAccess?
EventStore and AudienceStore
For both EventStore and AudienceStore, data updates occur based on the following conditions, whichever occurs first:
- The size of the bucket reaches 100 MB
- 1 hour elapses
Visitor Create or Update
Visitor profiles are created and updated when a session ends.
When visitor profiles are stitched together, the existing records are deleted and the stitched profile is re-inserted.
Visitor profiles are deleted if they haven’t been updated during the profile retention period. For example, for a profile retention period of 90 days, all visitor profiles that have not been updated in the previous 90 days will be deleted.
EventDB and AudienceDB
New data is stored in EventDB and AudienceDB up to 1 hour after it reaches EventStore/AudienceStore.
How long is the data stored?
The time period for which data is stored depends on which format you are using:
- Structured data (EventDB and AudienceDB) stored in Amazon RedShift remains available for the length of time stated in your contract, usually 90 days. Contact your Account Manager to review the terms of your contract that determine the length of time your data is stored.
- Semi-structured data (EventStore and AudienceStore) stored in Amazon S3 remains available for the standard 30 days. Contact your Account Manager for other options.
Where does the data in DataAccess come from?
The data in DataAccess can come from many different sources, including but not limited to:
- Desktop websites
- Tablet/Mobile websites
- Mobile applications
- Offline sources, such as call centers, retail transactions, or loyalty cards
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- From one of our 1000+ vendor integrations
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: January 7, 2023