The Lower-Casing extension sets data layer values to lower-case. This is a best practice for data consistency.
How it works
String.toLowerCase() to convert data layer values to lower-case. The extension can be applied to all data layer variables or specific ones.
Using the extension
Once the extension is added, the following configuration options are available:
- All Variables to Lower Case: (Default: Yes)
- Yes (default): sets all variables to lower-case.
- No: only set specific variables to lower-case.
Select a variable from the drop-down.
Click the + button to add more variables, or the - button to remove variables.
In this example, lower-casing is performed on a specific variable,
search_keyword. This is a common practice to ensure that that all tracked searches are case-insensitive.
Step to configure:
- Add the Lower-Casing extension.
- Set a title.
- Set All Variables to Lower Case to No.
- From the variable drop-down, select Search Keyword.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: January 7, 2023