Add a connector
This article explains how to add and configure a connector.
Use the following steps to add an EventStream or an AudienceStream connector:
- Navigate to EventStream > Event Connectors or to AudienceStream > Audience Connectors.
- Click + Add Connector.
- Browse or search for a connector, then click the connector to add.
The connector summary, including links to vendor documentation, and configuration instructions appears.
- Click Continue.
The Select Source screen appears.
Select a source
The source for a connector is either an event feed or an audience, depending on the type of connector.
Select a data source for EventStream
- Select a Data Source.
- Select an Event Feed, then click Continue.
Select a data source for AudienceStream
Connector actions that send audience data are controlled by triggers that determine when to fire the action.
Triggers can only be applied to audiences, not to events.
- Select an Audience.
- For Trigger, select one of the following:
- Joined Audience - Trigger the action if a visitor joined the audience during this visit. For example, when a Cart Abandoner or Frequent Shopper joins an audience.
- Left Audience - Trigger the action if a visitor left the audience during this visit.
- In Audience at start of visit - Trigger the action at the beginning of the visit if the visitor is already in the audience.
- In Audience at end of visit - Trigger the action if the visitor is in the audience at the end of the visit.
- To limit how often this action triggers, toggle Frequency Cap to On, then select an Action Priority and an Action Cooldown Group.
For more information, see Action Frequency Capping and Prioritization.
Use the following steps to enter a name and the authentication information required for this connector:
- In the Name field, enter a meaningful name for this instance of the selected connector.
- Under Authentication, provide your login credentials, token or password, Account ID, and any other information required for establishing a connection with the vendor service.
- Click Done.
- Click Continue to add a connector action.
The Add Action dialog appears.
If you use a Send Visitor Data action with the Include Current Visit Data option selected, the
events array in the visitor data only includes event attributes that are also defined in AudienceStream (as an attribute or an enrichment). It is a best practice to only select the Include Current Visit Data option when the connector needs the visit data. For more information, see the AudienceStore Data Guide.
Use the following steps to add actions for this connector:
- In the Action Name field, enter a unique name for this action.
- Select an Action Type. This list varies, depending on the connector. Big Data connectors, such as AWS Kinesis or Google Pub/Sub, typically have a Send Visitor Data action.
- Complete the required fields for the action selected, using pre-populated drop-down lists where available. If any required fields are missing data, an error message is displayed in red text. When a value is selected or entered for all required fields, COMPLETED is shown.
- Expand each section to complete any optional fields, as needed.
- If the connector supports visitor segmentation, click Create Custom Audience to create a custom audience.
- Click Finish.
- Save and Publish your profile.
The actions you configured will now fire when the trigger conditions are met.
Map attributes (Optional)
A connector action sends data according to the mapping configured. Some connectors offer the ability to map vendor parameters to Tealium attributes.
Use the following steps to map Tealium attributes to the parameter expected by the vendor:
- Scroll to the bottom of the connector Actions list and click Custom Attributes to expand.
- Click + Add Mapping.
- In the Map field, select an attribute.
This list is populated based on the Source you select. For example, choosing an audience displays all visit and visitor-scoped attributes but does not display event attributes.
- In the To field, select a vendor parameter to map the attribute data to.
If the To option is preselected, you are required to send data to that endpoint. You can optionally enter a custom name if the vendor supports custom parameters.
- Click Back to modify, or click Finish.
- Save and Publish your profile.
Test your connector
After you have added and configured a connector, you need to test it. The easiest way to test your connector is by using the Trace Tool, as follows:
- Start a new trace.
- Examine the real-time log.
- Check for the action you want to validate by clicking the Actions Triggered entry to expand.
- Find the action you want to validate and view the log status.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: May 24, 2023