Validate webhook action
This article describes how to validate webhook actions.
Use one of the following methods to verify and troubleshoot the new actions:
- Vendor User Interface
If the vendor provides a web user interface that allows you to monitor changes, submit an action to the target vendor endpoint and verify it on the target endpoint.
- PutsReq Bucket
Send a test request to a sample PutsReq bucket URL. After configuring the Action fields, go to the following URL to examine the request received using the PutsReq user interface.
Run the Trace tool and examine the action data. If you are using the template feature of this action, check the Template Variables JSON and Rendered Template: <template name>.
When individual data items are added to a batch, trace displays batched actions first and then again after the batch is sent to the third party.
Individual data items added to a batch are not batched in Trace.
Multiple batching actions often correspond to a singe send-off action. There may be a considerable delay between the two
Sample Action Configuration
- Go to https://putsreq.com/ and click Create a PutsReq to create an endpoint for testing.
- Copy the PutsReq URL.
- Go to the Actions settings for your Webhook connector.
- Scroll down to Method and click to expand.
- Select POST from the drop-down list.
- Scroll down to URL, click to expand, and paste the PutsReq URL into the URL parameter field.
- Click Save.
- Save and Publish your changes.
- Run a Trace to verify that the action triggered as expected.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: June 23, 2022