This article describes how to set up the Convertro tag.
Tag Specifications and Requirements
- Name: Convertro
- Vendor: Convertro (now acquired by AOL)
- Type: Analytics/Marketing Attribution
Services: Convertro account
- Client ID
Tag Configuration in Tealium iQ
Adding the Tag
Tealium iQ’s Tag marketplace offers a wide variety of tags. Click here to learn how to add a tag to your profile.
Configuring the Tag
- Title (Required): Enter a descriptive title to identify the Tag instance.
- Client ID (Required): Enter your unique client identifier. This value appears between
/live.jsin the universal body Tag that Convertro has provided you. Example:
Tip: Place this tag on the top of the list in the tags tab.
Applying Load Rules
Load Rules determine when and where to load an instance of this Tag. The ‘Load on All Pages’ rule is the default Load Rule. To load this Tag on a specific page, create a new load rule with the relevant conditions.
Best Practice: Leave the default Load on All Pages rule as is. This will load the Tag on all pages, including the conversion pages.
Setting up Mappings
Mapping is the simple process of sending data from a data source, in your Data Layer, to the matching destination variable of the vendor Tag. The destination variables for this Tag are available in the Mapping toolbox.
Note: We recommend setting up the E-Commerce Extension for this Tag. The extension, if configured, automatically sends the necessary order details: type, ID, and subtotal. If you prefer to override a value set by the extension, you must map to its corresponding destination variable in the mapping toolbox. Listed below is a set of destinations to which you can map the extension’s variables.
- Event Type: The type of order/conversion event.
The Extension maps the
_ctypevariable to this destination. Multiple Event Types can be sent as a comma-separated list
- Event ID: The unique identifier of the order/conversion event.
The Extension maps the _
cordervariable to this destination.
- Event Value*: The order subtotal, which is the amount value before shipping and tax.
The Extension maps the
_csubtotalvariable to this destination. Multiple Event Values can be sent as a comma-separated list
* The first entry in the Tips listed for this Tag incorrectly reads
event_value : _ctotal. Please note that the E-Commerce Extension maps
_csubtotal to Event Value.
Besides the order details, you can capture the customer’s address information with Convertro’s
trackuser function call. This requires that the
_ccustid variable — the customer’s unique ID — be configured in the E-Commerce Extension. Here is a list of destination variables that the the trackuser function call supports:
- id (the customer id, which is different from Convertro Client ID)
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: March 5, 2015