This article describes how to set up the X Plus One tag in your Tealium iQ Tag Management account.
Navigate to the Tag Marketplace to add a new tag. Read the Tag Overview article for general instructions on how to add a tag.
When adding the tag, configure the following settings:
- Title (Required): Enter a descriptive title to identify the Tag instance.
- Tag Type (Required): You must choose the type of Tag you wish to load for the Tag instance. From the drop-down list, select between “script” and iframe" type.
Note: The domain information in the code snippet is an indicator of the Tag type: “s.xp1” is the Script type whereas “d.xp1” is the iframe type.
- Account (Required): Enter the account information provided to you by [x+1]. The account is the value of the “_o” parameter in the code snippet.
- Placement (Required): Enter the alphanumeric placement value in this field. If you wish to populate this value dynamically, use the Tag’s mapping toolbox instead. If you intend to dynamically set this value through mapping, you must still provide a default Placement value under the Vendor Configurations.
Load the tag on all pages or set conditions for when your tag will load. For more information about load rules, see the Load Rules documentation.
Mapping is the simple process of sending data from a data source, in your Data Layer, to the matching destination variable of the vendor Tag. The destination variables for this Tag are available in the Mapping toolbox.
- placement (_t): Destination variable for the Tag’s Placement parameter.
Mapping to this destination will dynamically set the placement value.
- ssv_TRT1 through ssv_TRT15: Set of 15 destinations for custom mappings.
Map to these destination if you wish to send custom values to the Tag.
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: March 4, 2015