This article describes how to set up the Extole tag.
- jQuery - Required if you are using the HTML Element method of selection
- Extole v5.0
First, go to Tealium’s Tag Marketplace and add the Extole Tag to your profile (how to add a Tag?).
After adding the Tag, configure the below settings:
- Title: The default is
Extole. You may change this to a custom name.
- Client Name: Your Extole unique client name.
- Target Content Method: (required) Choose a method for identifying where to place CTAs:
- Element ID (default): Accepts a string Element ID (no need to include
- HTML Element: Accepts a CSS selector to match against (requires jQuery on the page).
Load Rules determine when and where to load an instance of this Tag on your site.
Recommended Load Rule: Load on all pages.
Mapping is the process of sending data from a Data Layer Variable to the corresponding destination variable of the vendor tag. For instructions on how to map a variable to a tag destination, see Data Mappings.
The destination variables for the Extole Tag are built into its Data Mapping tab. Available categories are:
|Client Name||Extole unique client name.|
|Registration Custom Data||Add custom data to the Registration event.|
|Conversion Custom Data||Add custom data to the Conversion event.|
custom with your variable name, for instance
|Global Header||Map an element ID or selector to fire this CTA|
|Global Footer||Map an element ID or selector to fire this CTA|
|Product||Map an element ID or selector to fire this CTA|
|Product Custom Data||Map the relevant product data to fire this CTA. Replace
|Confirmation||Map an element ID or selector to fire this CTA|
|Referral Page||Map an element ID or selector to fire this CTA|
|Account Page||Map an element ID or selector to fire this CTA|
|Custom CTA Name||Map to this destination to fire a custom CTA. Replace
|Add CTA Custom Data||Map to this destination to send additional data with your CTA. Replace
If you are not mapping an element id or selector, then make sure to map the string
Standard CTA Names
Let’s say, you want to send the date for a referral CTA. First, map to the Referral Page destination. Then map to the Add CTA custom data destination like so:
Since the Extole Tag is e-commerce enabled, it will automatically use the default E-Commerce Extension mappings. Manually mapping in this category is generally not needed unless:
- you want to override any Extension mappings
- your desired ecommerce variable is not offered in the Extension
|Order ID||Unique Order ID|
|Order Total||Total value of order|
|Customer ID||Unique customer ID|
Map to these destinations for triggering specific events on a page. To trigger an event:
- Select an event from the Trigger dropdown.
- In the Mapped Value field, enter the value of the Variable you are mapping.
- Click Add.
The event triggers when the supplied value is found in the Data Layer.
|Registration||Fires the registration event|
|Confirmation||Fires the confirmation event with no Element ID|
The Conversion event fires automatically when an Order ID is detected. No mapping is required.
v5.0, released March 16, 2017
- Deprecated the old Extole tag.
- Added support for multiple HTML element selection methods for placing CTAs.
- Added support for Conversion and Registration events.
Extole Asyc Documentation (requires login)
Thank you for your feedback!
This page was last updated: June 1, 2017